CRBLM career day
It’s never too early (or too late) to start thinking about your career. Whether you already have clear career goals or you are interested in exploring how your hard-earned research skills could be applied in various types of professions, we want to help you succeed on your career path. The CRBLM career day is specifically tailored for graduate students who research brain, language, and music. The program covers the academic job context as well as careers outside of the academic tenure-track path.
The day will include four talks/panels. Students can choose which talks/panels to attend.
Registration will first be open only for CRBLM student members (i.e., students supervised by CRBLM faculty members). From May 15th registration will open to non-members as well if space remains. Please register here or using the form below. ALL TALKS AND PANELS ARE NOW FULL. When registering, you may ask to be added to the waiting list.
Where: Elizabeth Wirth Music Building, McGill University, 527 Sherbrooke St W. room number A832.
When: June 5th, 2018
9:00 – 10:30 – Academic career panel
- Marc Pell, Associate Dean and Director, School of Communication Sciences and Disorders, McGill University
- Peter Pfordresher, Professor, Dept. of Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo, and Visiting Fulbright Chair at CRBLM
- Richard Compton, Professor, Dept. of Linguistics, UQAM
- Isabelle Peretz, BRAMS co-director, Professor, Dept. of Psychology, University of Montreal
- Natasha Rajah, Associate Professor, Dept. of Psychology, McGill University
10:30 – 10:45 – Coffee break
10:45 – 12:15 – What to do with a PhD in anything / Lorna MacEachern, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and Career Planning Services, McGill University
12:15 – 13:45 – Lunch break (on your own)
13:45 – 14:45 – What to Say After Hello: Networking for Introverts & Scientists who Hate Networking
/ Susan Molnar, Career Planning Services, McGill University
14:45 – 15:00 – Coffee break
15:00 – 17:00 – Non-academic career panel
- Meera Paleja, Behavioural Scientist, Government of Ontario
- Marie Lippeveld, Voice user interface designer, Nuance Communications
- Jean Zarate, Senior Editor, Nature Neuroscience
- Falisha Karpati, Program Officer, Healthy Brains for Healthy Lives, McGill University
- Aureliane Pajani, PhD recruiter, Adoc Talent Management
- Irina Pivneva, Responsable de projet / Associate, Analysis Group